The California School of Forensic Studies
A Leader in Forensic Behavioral Science
Alliant’s Safe Community Commitment
In appreciation for the work you do in protecting the health and safety of our communities, CSFS is offering a 25% tuition savings* to all safety personnel–sworn and non-sworn–including:
Law Enforcement • Fire Fighting Personnel • Emergency Medical Personnel Probation & Corrections • Private Security
Offering Research and Training to Make a Difference
Are you driven to make society safer through the search for truth? So are we. The California School of Forensic Studies (CSFS) is one of the nation’s first schools dedicated to forensic studies and has trained thousands of professionals in the field.
Our programs include:
- Flexible online graduate degree and certificate programs that fit your schedule
- Small classes taught by expert faculty practitioners in law enforcement, forensic psychology, security and law
- Course content that combines evidence-based practice and deep scholarship to support you to impact your practice, organization, and public policy
- Access to a network of prominent alumni who are making a difference in forensics and public safety, including individuals in the DHS, the FBI, the National Police Suicide Foundation, the USDA, a social media/marketing company, and others in investigative, supervisory, and command positions within law enforcement and security
Advanced Practice Certificate Programs
Each Advanced Practice Certificate offers nine units of credit. You’ll take three courses over three eight-week terms—all entirely online, and all taught by practicing professionals who are recognized as experts. Many of the Advanced Practice Certificates are also eligible for Continuing Education credit through the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Advanced Situational Awareness and Safety
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies*
- E-Learning Instructional Design
- Forensic Linguistics*
- Forensic Victimology*
- Fundamentals of Correctional Psychology (with or without Assessment)*
- Fundamentals of Military and Veterans Psychology*
- Fundamentals of Police Psychology (with or without Assessment)*
- RESPOND Law Enforcement-Mental Health Response Team
- TeleMental Health* Coming soon:
- Disaster Response and Emergency Management
- Firefighter Behavioral Health
- Peer Counseling
- Threat Assessment
- Trial Consulting
Certificates are offered through the newly launched Institute for the Advancement of Forensic Behavioral Science, Public Safety, and Justice. *Select certificates will be accepted for transfer credit toward select three-unit courses in the MS in Forensic Behavior Science or MS in Forensic Administration and Leadership; up to two certificates can be transferred.
* tuition savings is for new students only who enroll in a CSFS degree program or APC by December 31, 2021.
Online Graduate Degree Programs
Our online graduate degree programs offer you the flexibility you need to continue working, plus the opportunity to connect in person with faculty and classmates during two weekend-long residencies.
Forensic Behavioral Science (MS)
Learn to take a methodical, scientific approach to investigating the causes of violence and ways to stop it. Over the course of this program, you’ll pursue one of several concentrations and develop an e-portfolio of work that demonstrates your achievements and abilities. The program also offers several concentrations, such as: Advanced Situational Awareness; Forensic Victimology; Criminal Behavior; Conflict Resolution & Peace Studies; and Trial Consulting, so that you can translate your education into impact across a variety of specialties.
Forensic Leadership and Administration (MS)
Forensics is a collaborative discipline involving input from professionals in law, psychology, corrections, law enforcement, and more. This master’s equips you to form, guide, and direct teams that successfully serve the public interest. Translate your education into impact across a variety of specialties. The program offers several concentrations, such as: Cybercrime and Cyberpsychology, Homeland Security and Terrorism, Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies, and Executive Coaching.
Psychology, Public Policy, and Law (PhD)
The doctoral program is designed for public and private health and safety professionals with a master’s degree who want to enhance their skills and advance their careers or consultancies. It provides an opportunity to deep dive into the psychology of violence and of the laws related to it in a variety of contexts—such as criminal justice systems, social services, security, and media—in national and international contexts. Graduates serve as law enforcement and security executives and consultants, forensic program developers and evaluators, trial consultants, risk management specialists, civil investigators, and mitigation specialists.
The doubling of active shooter incidents, three consecutive years of violent crime increases, a 30-year high in the rate of suicides, and a quadrupling of the number of natural disasters over the last half century all illustrate the critical need for individuals with the passion and training to address the complex challenges we face today.
Diana Concannon Dean, CSFS
Please note that not all programs are available at every campus, online, or to residents of every state. Alliant International University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
© 2020 Alliant International University