The California School of Forensic Studies
A Leader in Forensic Behavioral Science
Research and Training that Make a Difference
Are you driven to create a safer society through the search for truth? So are we. As one of the nation’s first schools dedicated to forensic studies, the California School of Forensic Studies (CSFS) has trained thousands of professionals in the latest forensic behavioral science methods, supporting both the advancement of the field and a more just society.
Whether you are starting out in forensics or are a seasoned veteran, we can offer you:
- Flexible online master’s degree and certificate programs that fit your schedule
- Small classes taught by expert faculty practitioners in law enforcement, forensic psychology, security and law
- Course content that combines evidence-based practice and deep scholarship to support you to impact your practice, organization, and public policy
- Access to a network of prominent alumni who are making a difference in forensics and public safety, including a Lead Psychologist for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, an investigative agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Research Director for the National Police Suicide Foundation, an investigator with the USDA, CEO of a social media/marketing company, and many in investigative, supervisory, and command positions within law enforcement and security, as well as who serve as forensic psychologists for the courts and within correctional facilities nationally and internationally.
Advanced Practice Certificate Programs
We are pleased to announce the launch of the California Institute for the Advancement of Forensic Behavioral Science, Public Safety, and Justice. Through the Institute, professionals in law enforcement, forensic science, law and mental health can gain advanced knowledge for investigating crime, managing conflict, and preventing violence.
Each Advanced Practice Certificate offers nine units of credit. You’ll take three courses over three eight-week terms—all entirely online, and all taught by practicing professionals who are recognized as experts. Many of the Advanced Practice Certificates are also eligible for Continuing Education credit through the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies
- Forensic Linguistics
- Forensic Psychology
- Fundamentals of Correctional Psychology
- Fundamentals of Correctional Psychology with Assessment
- Fundamentals of Military and Veterans Psychology
- Fundamentals of Police Psychology
- Police Psychology for Licensed Practitioners
- TeleMental Health
- Disaster Response and Emergency Management
- Firefighter Behavioral Health
- Peer Counseling
- Practical Situational Awareness
Certificates will be accepted for transfer credit toward select 3-unit courses in CSFS’s Master’s of Science Forensic Behavior Science or Master of Science Forensic Administration and Leadership. Up to two certificates can be transferred.
Online Master's Programs
- Master of Science in Forensic Behavioral Science – Learn to take a methodical, scientific approach to investigating the causes of violence and ways to stop it. Over the course of this program, you’ll pursue one of several concentrations and develop an e-portfolio of work that demonstrates your achievements and abilities.
- Master of Science in Forensic Leadership and Administration – Forensics is a collaborative discipline involving input from professionals in law, psychology, corrections, law enforcement, and more. This master’s equips you to form, guide, and direct teams that successfully serve the public interest.
Both of our master’s degrees offer you the flexibility you need to continue working, plus the opportunity to connect in person with faculty and classmates during two weekend-long residencies at our campus in California.
The doubling of active shooter incidents, three consecutive years of violent crime increases, a 30-year high in the rate of suicides, and a quadrupling of the number of natural disasters over the last half century all illustrate the critical need for individuals with the passion and training to address the complex challenges we face today.
Please note that not all programs are available at every campus, online, or to residents of every state.
Alliant International University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
© 2019 Alliant International University